We solicit proposals for workshops that will be held together with the 4th EAI International Conference on Smart Objects and Technologies for Social Good (GOODTECHS18) that will be held in Bologna in 2018, from November 28 to November 30.
In addition to the main conference, GOODTECHS18 will feature conference workshops (8 to 10 presentations) and invites the submission of workshop proposals. The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics not fully or not specifically covered in the main conference. Workshops should highlight current topics related to experiences with the design, implementation, deployment, operation and evaluation of smart objects and technologies for social good.
Presentations delivered during the workshops are based on original papers that have been selected through peer-review process and that have not been previously published. Accepted workshop papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings.
Workshop Proposal Format
A workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) should contain (please follow the following order in your proposal):
- Title of the workshop
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliations and contact information), limiting up to 2 workshops chairs
- Tentative composition of the organizing and program committees
- A brief description of the scope and topics of the workshop (max 1 page)
- A brief rationale explaining why the topic of the workshop is interesting and timely for the conference (max 1 page)
- A draft call for papers, including the workshop submission deadlines (max 1 page)
- Names of potential invited speakers (indication that speakers accepted to participate is a plus) – optional
- Any special space or equipment requests – optional
Workshop Proposal Submission Guidelines
Proposal submissions should be submitted as a unique PDF file to the workshop chair by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the e-mail must be “GOODTECHS18 – workshop proposal”.
- Proposal submission deadline: April 15, 2018.
- Notification of selection: May 4, 2018.
Workshop chair: Dr. Manuela Montangero (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy)
For any questions please contact the workshop chair via e-mail to email@example.com. Please, use the keyword GOODTECHS18 in your mail subject.