CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS
We solicit proposals for special sessions that will be held within the 4th EAI International Conference on Smart Objects and Technologies for Social Good (GOODTECHS 2018) that will be held in Bologna in 2018, from November 28 to November 30.
Within the main conference, GOODTECHS 2018 will feature conference special sessions (5 to 6 presentations) and invites the submission of special session proposals. The aim of the special session is to focus on a specific topic of interest for the conference. Special sessions should highlight current topics related to experiences with the design, implementation, deployment, operation and evaluation of smart objects and technologies for social good.
Presentations delivered during the special session are based on original papers that have been selected through peer-review process and that have not been previously published. Accepted special session papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings.
SPECIAL SESSION PROPOSAL FORMAT
A special session proposal (maximum 2 pages) should contain (please follow the following order in your proposal):
- Title of the special session
- Special session Chair and, eventually, Co-Chair (names, affiliations and contact information)
- A brief description of the scope and topics of the special session (max 1/2 page) and a brief explanation of why the topic is fitting for the conference
- A draft call for papers, including the special session submission deadlines (max 1 page)
SPECIAL SESSION PROPOSAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Proposal submissions should be submitted as a unique PDF file to the workshops chair by e-mail to email@example.com. The subject of the e-mail must be “GOODTECHS 2018 – special session proposal”.
SPECIAL SESSION ORGANIZATION TIMELINE
- Proposal submission deadline: April 15, 2018.
- Notification of selection: May 4, 2018.
Workshop chair: Dr. Manuela Montangero (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy)
For any questions please contact the workshops chair via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, use the keyword “GOODTECHS 2018” in your mail subject.