We solicit proposals for special sessions that will be held within the 6th EAI International Conference on Smart Objects and Technologies for Social Good (GOODTECHS 2020) that will be held in Antwerp, Belgium in 2020, September 14-16, 2020.
Within the main conference, GOODTECHS 2020 will feature conference special sessions (5 to 6 presentations) and invites the submission of special session proposals. The aim of the special session is to focus on a specific topic of interest for the conference. Special sessions should highlight current topics related to experiences with the design, implementation, deployment, operation and evaluation of smart objects and technologies for social good.
Presentations delivered during the special session are based on original papers that have been selected through a peer-reviewing process and that have not been previously published. Accepted special session papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings.
Special Session Proposal Format
A special session proposal must contain the following information in order:
- Title of the special session
- Special session Chair and, eventually, Co-Chair (names, affiliations and contact information)
- A brief description of the scope and topics of the special session (max 1/2 page) and a brief explanation of why the topic is fitting for the conference
- A draft call for papers, including the special session submission deadlines (max 1 page)
Interested proposers can download the special session proposal template here.
Special Session Proposal Submission Guidelines
Proposal submissions should be submitted as a unique PDF file to the special session chairs by e-mail. The subject of the e-mail must be: “GOODTECHS 2020 – special session proposal”.
All accepted and presented papers will be published in ACM International Conference Proceeding Series — ICPS and made available through ACM Digital Library.
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 3.259)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cloud Systems
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Serious Games
Proposal Submission Deadline
5 March 2020 [closed]
Notification of Selection:
9 March 2020
Special Session Chairs:
– Prof. Armir Bujari (University of Bologna, Italy) armir.bujari[AT]unibo.it
– Dr. Juanita Devis (University of Antwerp –imec, Belgium) Juanita.Devis[AT]imec.be